Whether you’re a seasoned home renovator or a newer contractor, coming across water damage during a project can throw a major wrench into your remodeling plans. To help you prepare for the unexpected, our team here at Ault Restoration wanted to take the time to explain what the water damage restoration process looks like.
In this article, we’ll cover the basic steps that occur during a professional water damage restoration service, so you’ll know what to expect.
- Call a water damage restoration company. If you discover recent water damage, it’s important to call for professional assistance right away. The longer water damage goes unaddressed, the worse the consequences tend to be.
- The team will inspect the property. Once the team arrives, they’ll conduct a thorough inspection of the water damage to determine the source of the water leak, how much damage has been caused, and if there are any additional safety risks to be aware of.
- The water removal process will begin. Next, the water damage restoration team will use powerful pumps and vacuums to remove excess water from the property. It’s vital for any standing water to be removed promptly to prevent mold growth and more severe property damage.
- The space will be dried and dehumidified. After excess water is removed, the entire area will be more thoroughly dried with high-speed fans and dehumidifiers.
- The water damage restoration team will clean salvageable materials. Any materials or items that are too severely damaged will be disposed of, whereas salvageable things will be cleaned and dried.
- Repairs and renovations can begin. Once the affected space is completely clean and dry, it’ll be safe to resume your initial project.